Fire Extinguisher Inspection NYC
FIRE EXTINGUISHER INSPECTION NYC
Master Fire Prevention has a 10 point inspection checklist that you can use for your fire extinguisher to see if it will work in case of a real fire emergency.
1) Does your fire extinguisher look like it’s ready to be used? Perform a simple VISUAL EXAMINATION and check for dents, rust, corrosion, pitting or other shell damage.
2. Keep your fire extinguisher CLEAN. You can do this by purchasing a degreasing solution.
3) Is the unit fully pressurized? CHECK THE PRESSURE GAUGE to ensure the extinguisher is fully pressurized.
4) When was the fire extinguisher last tested or inspected? Monthly and annual inspections are the best ways to ensure your fire extinguisher operates effectively
5) WEIGH your fire extinguisher. This will ensure that the unit still contains the correct amount of extinguishing agent.
6) CHECK THE DISCHARGE HOSE. Then inspect the fire extinguisher for signs of blockage.
7) CHECK THE LOCKING PIN. Be sure locking pin can be easily removed.
8) CHECK HANDLE/LEVER. Make sure it’s easy to grip in order for smooth discharge operation.
9) LOOSEN AGENT. By lightly tapping the fire extinguisher with a rubber mallet, you can help to ensure the free flow of extinguisher agent when necessary.
10) CHECK MOUNTING. Is the fire extinguisher properly mounted, and securely installed?
Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel for lots of short informative videos at http://youtube.com/fireprotectionnyc. And remember, Fire Extinguisher Inspection NYC business owners expect is done right by calling the professionals at Master Fire Prevention at (917) 580-6330.